7-Day Saints & Shrines Family Pilgrimage
Led by Fr. Paul Hartmann - June 9-15, 2018
Dear Friends and Families,
When people think of pilgrimage, I believe they imagine journeying with fellow pilgrims throughout the Shrines of Europe, and the Holy Land and surrounding countries.
I invite you to consider celebrating the great Shrines and Saints right here in North America. We can easily overlook the blessings that we have here at home. We have scheduled these days to experience the awe and graces that God blesses us with in the United States. This pilgrimage is intended to be very family friendly.
I have worked with the people at Peter’s Way Tours to put together this fascinating seven day itinerary that will bring us to shrines along the east coast. We begin our journey meeting the Saints who walked the streets of New York and end at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, dedicated to the patroness of our nation. We entrust the days we will spend together to the Mother of God and model for the pilgrimage of our lives.
Come let us celebrate together, thanking God and being enriched on this special pilgrimage.
Fr. Paul Hartmann
Day 1: Saturday, June 9 - Depart Milwaukee for New York, NY
- Saint Malachy's Church: "The Actors Chapel"
- Fr. Duffy Statue in Times Square
Day 2: Sunday, June 10 - Saints on the Streets of New York
- Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini Shrine
- The Cloisters: Medieval masterpiece in Manhattan
- The Catholic Memorial at Ground Zero (St. Joseph's Church)
- Basilica of Old St. Patrick's Cathedral
Day 3: Monday, June 11 - Shrines of St. Gerard and St. Gianna Beretta
- St. Lucy's Church and The National Shrine of St. Gerard Majella
- St. Gianna Beretta Molla Shrine
- Central Association of the Miraculous Medal Shrine
- National Shrine of Saint John Neumann
- Mass at Church of Saint Peter the Apostle
- National Shrine of St. Rita Cascia
Day 4: Tuesday, June 12 - Shrine of St. Katharine Drexel | Emmitsburg | Baltimore | Annapolis
- National Shrine of St. Katharine Drexel
- Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Day 5: Wednesday, June 13 - Annapolis | Six Flags America
- Independent Sightseeing
- Six Flags America
Day 6: Thursday, June 14 - Washington, D.C.
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Mass at the Basilica
- Catholic University of America
- United States Catholic Conference Headquarters
- Saint John Paul II National Shrine
- The Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America
Day 7: Friday, June 15 - Return home from Baltimore
- Mass at the Cathedral of St. Matthew